Capital Resin offers chemical analysis services for our customers to help improve products, provide redundancy, or identify issues. Our Quality Control and Research & Development labs help customers solve difficult industrial and commercial issues, providing chemical analysis, process or product development, and testing services for companies seeking answers to difficult problems. Our know-how and technology helps customers optimize their products and processes.
We can provide chemical analysis services to understand a product’s composition, identify a potential contaminant, compare quality between products, and identify ways to optimize batch yields and batch times.
As a result of having in-house analytical chemistry laboratories, Capital Resin is able to provide data for optimized product development, resolve product issues, provide support for legal cases, and provide all the information necessary for scaling production from lab to pilot to bulk batch sizes, all from our Columbus, Ohio location. Our labs have many of the industry standard chemical analysis equipment and some specialized equipment. Our standard and specialized equipment, coupled with our experienced team of chemists and technicians, allow us to provide clients with the answers and information they need. A key component of our service is interpreting and communicating the analysis of the data to our clients, providing solutions that make a real difference to their bottom line and overall success.
Whether you need help supporting research and development activities for your company or need additional QC support from an analytical chemistry laboratory, Capital Resin is able help.
We bring a client-centered approach to offer customized product testing and analytical services. For a better understanding and solution to your chemical testing request, our technical team will review the information you provide, ask questions, and get to work. Our team will then provide you with information regarding pricing, timing, and sample submission instructions.
Capital Resin provides in-house resin and chemical analysis testing which includes:
- Material testing & identification
- Contaminant identification
- Failure analysis
- Polymer analysis
- Product scaling (Lab – Pilot – Bulk)
Common requests for QC and R&D testing include:
- Identify complex additives in various product types
- Verify composition of material
- Investigate failed batches and determine cause
- Identify and determine the source of contamination
- Aid in understanding the chemistry of products
- Compare products via chemical analytical testing
- Reverse engineer products
- Perform chemical analysis and testing for legal claims
On-Site Tests include:
- Bacteria, yeast and mold estimation
- Differential Scanning Calorimeter*
- Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
- Gas chromatography (SPME fiber auto-sampler/direct inject)
- High-pressure liquid chromatography
- Gel permeation chromatography*
- Liquid Physics ®
- Nitrogen analysis*
- Particle size analyzer*
- Specialized tests – gel time, flash point and ash content
- UV-Vis/Color Analysis
- Viscosity measurements – RVT, LVT, Small Cup, Cone & Plate, and Stormer
- % Water by Karl Fischer Method
- % Solids
- Melt Point / Drop Point
- Total Organic Carbon*
- Compression, Flexural, Modulus of Elasticity/Poisson’s Ratio (MP), Proppant Crush Resistance, and Tensile Splitting*
- Acid / Base titration – Automated and manual
Tests marked with “ * “ indicate unique testing technology
- Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry
- Nuclear magnetic resonance *
Contact our team today over the phone or via our web portal so that we can get to work solving your chemical analysis and custom chemical manufacturing needs!